MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A German holding company is buying Caribou Coffee for approximately $324.8 million.
Caribou Coffee Co. will continue to operate as an independent company with its own brand and management team once the buyout closes. It will keep its headquarters in Minneapolis.
Joh. A. Benckiser Group GmbH will pay $16 per share, a 30 percent premium to Caribou's Friday closing price of $12.32. The companies put the total value of the deal at about $340 million.
Caribou currently has 20.3 million outstanding shares, according to FactSet.
Caribou's board unanimously approved the buyout.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.