MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A German holding company is buying Caribou Coffee for approximately $324.8 million.
Caribou Coffee Co. will continue to operate as an independent company with its own brand and management team once the buyout closes. It will keep its headquarters in Minneapolis.
Joh. A. Benckiser Group GmbH will pay $16 per share, a 30 percent premium to Caribou's Friday closing price of $12.32. The companies put the total value of the deal at about $340 million.
Caribou currently has 20.3 million outstanding shares, according to FactSet.
Caribou's board unanimously approved the buyout.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East