DRESBACH, Minn - The tugboat that went over the Dresbach Dam early Wednesday morning was brand new to the La Crosse Harbor.
Brennan Marine, Inc christened the tugboat the Megan McB two weeks prior to the incident.
The company had the vessel built in Indiana on the Ohio River. Its main purpose was to transfer barges to and from towboats to the harbor.
The tugboat was named in honor of the wife of one of the Brennan Marine, Inc owners. The Megan McB is the only vessel of its kind in La Crosse.
Watch the video below to see News 8's coverage of the christening on Saturday, June 22, 2013:20835102
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death