DRESBACH, Minn - The tugboat that went over the Dresbach Dam early Wednesday morning was brand new to the La Crosse Harbor.
Brennan Marine, Inc christened the tugboat the Megan McB two weeks prior to the incident.
The company had the vessel built in Indiana on the Ohio River. Its main purpose was to transfer barges to and from towboats to the harbor.
The tugboat was named in honor of the wife of one of the Brennan Marine, Inc owners. The Megan McB is the only vessel of its kind in La Crosse.
Watch the video below to see News 8's coverage of the christening on Saturday, June 22, 2013:20835102
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes