DULUTH, Minn. (AP) -- An 8-year-old boy is OK after being swept about six blocks through a culvert in flooded Duluth.
St. Louis County Undersheriff Dave Phillips says the boy suffered some cuts, scrapes and bruises but is fine.
Phillips says the boy somehow was swept into the culvert near Proctor Wednesday afternoon and traveled about six blocks before he "popped up" down current.
The undersheriff calls it a "miracle out of this whole disaster." He did not know the boy's name.
Nine inches of rain has caused major flooding in Duluth. Phillips urges people to avoid standing and draining water, and to not drive around barricades.15189728
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student
- Man convicted of attempted murder faces trial in second case