DODGE CENTER, Minn. (AP) - A family member says the young boy who died along with his father and another man in a southern Minnesota crash was heading home to North Dakota after brain cancer surgery.
Jack and Mardee Reich were bringing 10-year-old Vander back home to their ranch in Zap, N.D., Tuesday when their Chevy Suburban collided head-on with a pickup truck on Highway 14 near Dodge Center. Jack and Vander Reich were killed, as well as the pickup driver, Scott Hodgman, of West Concord. Mardee Reich is recovering from injuries at St. Marys, in Rochester, the same hospital where Vander had his surgery.
Mardee's mother, Maureen Williams, tells the Star Tribune her grandson was scheduled to return to St. Marys for radiation treatment in a couple weeks.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.