MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - A regional bomb squad was summoned to Moorhead to detonate an old grenade found by a citizen.
Police say the man was walking along the Red River north of the Hjemkomst Center about 7:30 p.m. Sunday when he came across the corroded grenade. He called police who determined it to be authentic.
Moorhead and Fargo, N.D., police cleared the river area and the grenade was exploded about 10 p.m. No one was hurt.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership