MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - A regional bomb squad was summoned to Moorhead to detonate an old grenade found by a citizen.
Police say the man was walking along the Red River north of the Hjemkomst Center about 7:30 p.m. Sunday when he came across the corroded grenade. He called police who determined it to be authentic.
Moorhead and Fargo, N.D., police cleared the river area and the grenade was exploded about 10 p.m. No one was hurt.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016