WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Food left cooking on a stovetop causes an apartment evacuation in Winona.
It happened Monday afternoon at the Winhaven Court Apartments on the 100 block of Main Street in Winona. The six-story building is designed for low income seniors and people with disabilities.
Firefighters say a resident started boiling hot dogs then went for a walk. There was no damage to the unit.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls