WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Food left cooking on a stovetop causes an apartment evacuation in Winona.
It happened Monday afternoon at the Winhaven Court Apartments on the 100 block of Main Street in Winona. The six-story building is designed for low income seniors and people with disabilities.
Firefighters say a resident started boiling hot dogs then went for a walk. There was no damage to the unit.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death