ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Court documents say the body of a missing St. Paul woman was battered and naked when it was recovered from the Mississippi River.
The body of 30-year-old Kira Steger was recovered from the river in downtown St. Paul Wednesday. Her husband, Jeffery Trevino, is charged in her death and is scheduled to stand trial May 28. He remains jailed in Ramsey County on $1 million bond.
Prosecutors filed a motion Friday seeking more time for experts to analyze the woman's body and other evidence in her disappearance. Defense attorneys wanted test results by May 15.
KSTP-TV reports the court documents say injuries to the body include a head wound, a broken finger, bruising inside her lip and lacerations to her liver. She also had duct tape in her hair.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks