ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - The body of a Robbinsdale man who disappeared while surfing in Mexico has been recovered.
The family of Mark Stoneberg released a statement Sunday evening saying his body was found off the coast of Mexico. Stoneberg's wife Nancy earlier told KARE-TV her husband was swept out into the ocean while they were on vacation in Sayulita last week. She says she tried to get help from a lifeguard on duty and a nearby police officer, but was told that he was too far out into the ocean and that they could search in the morning.
Stoneberg says she found some people with a fishing boat who were able to search until dark without success. Stoneberg was 58 years old.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals