ROBBINSDALE, Minn. (AP) - The body of a Robbinsdale man who disappeared while surfing in Mexico has been recovered.
The family of Mark Stoneberg released a statement Sunday evening saying his body was found off the coast of Mexico. Stoneberg's wife Nancy earlier told KARE-TV her husband was swept out into the ocean while they were on vacation in Sayulita last week. She says she tried to get help from a lifeguard on duty and a nearby police officer, but was told that he was too far out into the ocean and that they could search in the morning.
Stoneberg says she found some people with a fishing boat who were able to search until dark without success. Stoneberg was 58 years old.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota