LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - Community members came together to bike for a cause Sunday.
The Apple Blossom Tour is a bike ride in Minnesota looking to help in the Fight against Polio. The ride had participants all starting at the La Crescent Community arena.
From there, bikers chose from 4 different routes. Those included a 5-mile family ride and 16, 30 and 60 mile rides.
Routes took cyclists through scenic views of Southeastern Minnesota. "This is as beautiful as you'll get anywhere else in the country and we've got the nice county roads and the vistas to enjoy and a great day," said Chuck Dockendorff from the La Crescent Rotary.
This was the 2nd annual event.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather