NORTHFIELD, Minn. (AP) - An Arizona State University student found handcuffed and fatally beaten in the Tempe apartment of her boyfriend has family in Minnesota.
Dan Kasper, of Northfield, appeared at a news conference with Tempe police Wednesday to talk about his 19-year-old daughter, Rebecca Kasper. Her 22-year-old boyfriend, Luis Soltero, is being held on $1 million bail in her death.
Authorities say Soltero came into a police station Tuesday to report his girlfriend's death and gave officers her Minnesota driver's license. Officers who went to the apartment say they found Kasper's body in the bathtub and covered with blankets and a rubber mat with a plastic bag over her head. Police say Kasper had blunt force trauma to the head and face.
Dan Kasper tells the St. Cloud Times his daughter was studying marketing.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota