NORTHFIELD, Minn. (AP) - An Arizona State University student found handcuffed and fatally beaten in the Tempe apartment of her boyfriend has family in Minnesota.
Dan Kasper, of Northfield, appeared at a news conference with Tempe police Wednesday to talk about his 19-year-old daughter, Rebecca Kasper. Her 22-year-old boyfriend, Luis Soltero, is being held on $1 million bail in her death.
Authorities say Soltero came into a police station Tuesday to report his girlfriend's death and gave officers her Minnesota driver's license. Officers who went to the apartment say they found Kasper's body in the bathtub and covered with blankets and a rubber mat with a plastic bag over her head. Police say Kasper had blunt force trauma to the head and face.
Dan Kasper tells the St. Cloud Times his daughter was studying marketing.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US