ANDOVER, Minn. (AP) - A 23-year-old Woodbury man has been arrested in the death of a St. Paul teenager whose body had been concealed in a car at an impound lot.
The body of 18-year-old Brittany Clardy was found in a car in a Columbia Heights impound lot Feb. 21, eight days after the car had been towed from Brooklyn Park. Family and friends have said she left her St. Paul home Feb. 11 and never returned.
Authorities plan to release more information Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff's officials say authorities arrested the suspect Wednesday, after executing search warrants in Woodbury and Brooklyn Park. The man was wanted on several warrants out of Georgia, including allegations of criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping, assault and false imprisonment.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?