ANDOVER, Minn. (AP) - A 23-year-old Woodbury man has been arrested in the death of a St. Paul teenager whose body had been concealed in a car at an impound lot.
The body of 18-year-old Brittany Clardy was found in a car in a Columbia Heights impound lot Feb. 21, eight days after the car had been towed from Brooklyn Park. Family and friends have said she left her St. Paul home Feb. 11 and never returned.
Authorities plan to release more information Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff's officials say authorities arrested the suspect Wednesday, after executing search warrants in Woodbury and Brooklyn Park. The man was wanted on several warrants out of Georgia, including allegations of criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping, assault and false imprisonment.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East