MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minnesota agriculture officials say the acquittal of a man accused of unlawfully distributing raw milk doesn't mean that raw milk is safe.
The state agriculture department released a statement after Alvin Schlangen was cleared Thursday of three misdemeanor charges in Hennepin County.
Department officials say the verdict doesn't wipe away other legal rulings that have upheld their enforcement actions. And they say it doesn't erase the fact that many children and adults have gotten sick from raw milk.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition