MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minnesota agriculture officials say the acquittal of a man accused of unlawfully distributing raw milk doesn't mean that raw milk is safe.
The state agriculture department released a statement after Alvin Schlangen was cleared Thursday of three misdemeanor charges in Hennepin County.
Department officials say the verdict doesn't wipe away other legal rulings that have upheld their enforcement actions. And they say it doesn't erase the fact that many children and adults have gotten sick from raw milk.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser