MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Transcripts of 911 calls after the shooting of a Cold Spring police officer show a caller describing a "noisy black van" leaving the scene.
The transcripts were released Tuesday, a day after authorities announced a $100,000 reward for information that helps solve the Nov. 29 slaying of Officer Tom Decker.
The first caller says an ambulance and police are needed behind Winner's Sports Bar. The operator asks the caller if she saw the shooting. The caller says no, then appears to call someone else to the phone who describes a van with a loud exhaust heading west on Main Street. The speaker says he or she doesn't know if the van or its driver was involved in the shooting.
The second 911 caller is told officers are on the way.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge