PRAIRIEVILLE, MN (AP) - A 77-year-old man is dead after a skid loader apparently trapped him on a Brown County farm.
According to the county sheriff's department, Donald Richert had been working with a skid loader near a burn pit when he apparently had gotten off to move something into the pit in rural Sleepy Eye.
The sheriff's department says the skid loader then moved forward and pinned his leg under the front end and he became trapped in the burn pit. He had extensive burns to the majority of his body and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two Clements volunteer firefighters had been working in the area and discovered the man at about 4 p.m. Thursday.
No other details were released.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners