PRAIRIEVILLE, MN (AP) - A 77-year-old man is dead after a skid loader apparently trapped him on a Brown County farm.
According to the county sheriff's department, Donald Richert had been working with a skid loader near a burn pit when he apparently had gotten off to move something into the pit in rural Sleepy Eye.
The sheriff's department says the skid loader then moved forward and pinned his leg under the front end and he became trapped in the burn pit. He had extensive burns to the majority of his body and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two Clements volunteer firefighters had been working in the area and discovered the man at about 4 p.m. Thursday.
No other details were released.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking