MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Police say they've arrested two suspects in the death of a 5-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet as he slept at his grandmother's home in north Minneapolis.
Investigators announced the arrests in a statement Friday. They say the two juveniles were arrested Thursday evening in Brooklyn Center. They were booked into the county juvenile detention center, one for probable cause murder and the other for probable cause weapons possession.
The Minneapolis Police Department says it's working with the Hennepin County attorney's office to determine the actual charges, which could be filed Monday. Police say additional information will be released Monday as well.
Nizzel Anthony George of Brooklyn Park was killed Tuesday morning. The anti-violence group "MAD DADS" plans to hold a vigil for him Saturday afternoon.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law