MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Police say they've arrested two suspects in the death of a 5-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet as he slept at his grandmother's home in north Minneapolis.
Investigators announced the arrests in a statement Friday. They say the two juveniles were arrested Thursday evening in Brooklyn Center. They were booked into the county juvenile detention center, one for probable cause murder and the other for probable cause weapons possession.
The Minneapolis Police Department says it's working with the Hennepin County attorney's office to determine the actual charges, which could be filed Monday. Police say additional information will be released Monday as well.
Nizzel Anthony George of Brooklyn Park was killed Tuesday morning. The anti-violence group "MAD DADS" plans to hold a vigil for him Saturday afternoon.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse