MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Police say they've arrested two suspects in the death of a 5-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet as he slept at his grandmother's home in north Minneapolis.
Investigators announced the arrests in a statement Friday. They say the two juveniles were arrested Thursday evening in Brooklyn Center. They were booked into the county juvenile detention center, one for probable cause murder and the other for probable cause weapons possession.
The Minneapolis Police Department says it's working with the Hennepin County attorney's office to determine the actual charges, which could be filed Monday. Police say additional information will be released Monday as well.
Nizzel Anthony George of Brooklyn Park was killed Tuesday morning. The anti-violence group "MAD DADS" plans to hold a vigil for him Saturday afternoon.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato