MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Police say they've arrested two suspects in the death of a 5-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet as he slept at his grandmother's home in north Minneapolis.
Investigators announced the arrests in a statement Friday. They say the two juveniles were arrested Thursday evening in Brooklyn Center. They were booked into the county juvenile detention center, one for probable cause murder and the other for probable cause weapons possession.
The Minneapolis Police Department says it's working with the Hennepin County attorney's office to determine the actual charges, which could be filed Monday. Police say additional information will be released Monday as well.
Nizzel Anthony George of Brooklyn Park was killed Tuesday morning. The anti-violence group "MAD DADS" plans to hold a vigil for him Saturday afternoon.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting