MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Police say they've arrested two suspects in the death of a 5-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet as he slept at his grandmother's home in north Minneapolis.
Investigators announced the arrests in a statement Friday. They say the two juveniles were arrested Thursday evening in Brooklyn Center. They were booked into the county juvenile detention center, one for probable cause murder and the other for probable cause weapons possession.
The Minneapolis Police Department says it's working with the Hennepin County attorney's office to determine the actual charges, which could be filed Monday. Police say additional information will be released Monday as well.
Nizzel Anthony George of Brooklyn Park was killed Tuesday morning. The anti-violence group "MAD DADS" plans to hold a vigil for him Saturday afternoon.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently