AVON, Minn. (AP) -- One person has died and another has been critically injured in a collision between a motorcycle and a deer in Stearns County.
The sheriff's department says a 47-year-old passenger, Laura Ann Tenvoorde-Behrend, was killed when the motorcycle hit a deer about 8 p.m. Wednesday in Avon Township.
The driver, 49-year-old David Behrend, was injured. He was taken to St. Cloud Hospital where a spokeswoman says he is in critical condition.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota