MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minneapolis fire officials say one person has been injured after a condo building fire.
The eight-unit, three-story building caught fire about 8:10 a.m. and caused traffic problems during rush hour in the busy commercial and residential district.
Minneapolis Fire Marshal Perry Ebner says one person was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation. A hospital spokeswoman says the 70-year-old first-floor resident was in satisfactory condition at HCMC.
Ebner says they are still investigating what started the fire.
Ben Garber moved into the building about a month ago. The 32-year-old tells the Star Tribune the fire happened quickly and he didn't have much time to get out.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US