MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minneapolis fire officials say one person has been injured after a condo building fire.
The eight-unit, three-story building caught fire about 8:10 a.m. and caused traffic problems during rush hour in the busy commercial and residential district.
Minneapolis Fire Marshal Perry Ebner says one person was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation. A hospital spokeswoman says the 70-year-old first-floor resident was in satisfactory condition at HCMC.
Ebner says they are still investigating what started the fire.
Ben Garber moved into the building about a month ago. The 32-year-old tells the Star Tribune the fire happened quickly and he didn't have much time to get out.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked