PIERSON, Iowa (AP) - The Woodbury County Sheriff's Office says a man was flown to a Sioux City hospital after falling from a water tower in northwest Iowa.
Sgt. Gene Hacker told the Sioux City Journal the man fell and his safety cable broke on Tuesday while he was working on a water tower in Pierson, about 25 miles east of Sioux City. The accident was reported about 4:30 p.m.
The man's name wasn't released.
Hacker says the man was conscious after the fall. It wasn't clear how far he fell.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks