HAZLETON, Iowa (AP) - Officials say a woman was injured when her car hit a horse that was on a road near Hazleton in eastern Iowa.
According to the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, the Buchanan County sheriff's office says Lydia Danehy was traveling on Iowa Highway 150 when her car hit the horse Tuesday night.
Authorities say Danehy suffered injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening. The horse was killed.
The accident is under investigation.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse