HAZLETON, Iowa (AP) - Officials say a woman was injured when her car hit a horse that was on a road near Hazleton in eastern Iowa.
According to the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, the Buchanan County sheriff's office says Lydia Danehy was traveling on Iowa Highway 150 when her car hit the horse Tuesday night.
Authorities say Danehy suffered injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening. The horse was killed.
The accident is under investigation.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial