AMES, Iowa (AP) -- A $55 million school bond referendum has been approved by Ames Community School District voters.
The Ames Tribune says nearly 70 percent of the voters said yes on Tuesday. The measure needed 60 percent of the votes to pass.
Turnout was 11 percent.
The money will be used to renovate Ames' five elementary schools.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration