AMES, Iowa (AP) -- A $55 million school bond referendum has been approved by Ames Community School District voters.
The Ames Tribune says nearly 70 percent of the voters said yes on Tuesday. The measure needed 60 percent of the votes to pass.
Turnout was 11 percent.
The money will be used to renovate Ames' five elementary schools.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse