AGENCY, Iowa (AP) -- A woman with ties to the Wapello County sheriff's office has died in a shooting southwest of agency.
The sheriff's office told the Ottumwa Courier newspaper that 23-year-old Lisa Techel was killed in a shooting reported about 5:20 a.m. Saturday. She was a reserve deputy and the daughter of a current deputy.
Details of the shooting have not been released, but chief deputy Mark Miller says authorities do not believe the public is at risk.
An autopsy has been conducted.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting