AGENCY, Iowa (AP) -- A woman with ties to the Wapello County sheriff's office has died in a shooting southwest of agency.
The sheriff's office told the Ottumwa Courier newspaper that 23-year-old Lisa Techel was killed in a shooting reported about 5:20 a.m. Saturday. She was a reserve deputy and the daughter of a current deputy.
Details of the shooting have not been released, but chief deputy Mark Miller says authorities do not believe the public is at risk.
An autopsy has been conducted.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration