CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - University of Northern Iowa professors are asking the Iowa Board of Regents for salary increases in each of the next two years.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reported Monday that the United Faculty bargaining team is seeking a 2.25 percent in increase in base salary and an additional 2.25 percent increase based on the average of all professors' salaries. The increase would begin in July 2013 and again in 2014.
The team made its request Friday to the Regents bargaining team. The Regents will respond with an offer on Nov. 26.
The faculty team also made requests for other areas, including calls for the Faculty Senate to regularly address the Regents and changes in how staff reductions are handled.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death