CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - University of Northern Iowa professors are asking the Iowa Board of Regents for salary increases in each of the next two years.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reported Monday that the United Faculty bargaining team is seeking a 2.25 percent in increase in base salary and an additional 2.25 percent increase based on the average of all professors' salaries. The increase would begin in July 2013 and again in 2014.
The team made its request Friday to the Regents bargaining team. The Regents will respond with an offer on Nov. 26.
The faculty team also made requests for other areas, including calls for the Faculty Senate to regularly address the Regents and changes in how staff reductions are handled.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity