OELWEIN, IA (AP) - Two pickup drivers have been killed and three other people have been injured in a collision in northeast Iowa.
Authorities say the accident occurred Sunday evening at a rural intersection northeast of Oelwein in Fayette County.
The Iowa State Patrol says a southbound pickup driven by 18-year-old Dakota Rohde, of West Union, collided with an eastbound pickup driven by 28-year-old Shawn Brehme, of Tripoli.
A male passenger in Rohde's truck and two children in Brehme's truck were injured. They were flown to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture