AMES, Iowa (AP) - A man has surrendered to end a two-hour standoff with police in Ames.
The Des Moines Register says the man's relatives had been worried about him, so they called police about 6:45 p.m. Sunday. Officers found the man behind a resultant.
Fearing the man was armed, officers evacuated the restaurant. The man surrendered without incident about 10:50 p.m.
He was to undergo mental health evaluation. It wasn't immediately clear whether the ma had a weapon with him.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp