AMES, Iowa (AP) - A man has surrendered to end a two-hour standoff with police in Ames.
The Des Moines Register says the man's relatives had been worried about him, so they called police about 6:45 p.m. Sunday. Officers found the man behind a resultant.
Fearing the man was armed, officers evacuated the restaurant. The man surrendered without incident about 10:50 p.m.
He was to undergo mental health evaluation. It wasn't immediately clear whether the ma had a weapon with him.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales