MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A June trial has been scheduled for a Rudd woman accused of abandoning residents during an early morning shift at a Mason City assisted living center.
Online court records say 54-year-old Debra Ihrig has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges: six counts of neglect or abandonment of a dependent person; nine counts of wanton neglect of a dependent adult; and theft.
Ihrig is accused of leaving 15 residents alone on April 5 at County Meadow Place Assisted Living. She was the only staff person on duty during those hours.
Her trial is scheduled to begin on June 10.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building