OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - A February trial has been scheduled for a southeast Iowa man suspected of killing his pregnant wife.
Seth Techel has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and nonconsensual termination of a human pregnancy in the death of Lisa Techel. She was shot in May at their home near Agency in southeast Iowa.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that the trial is scheduled to begin on Feb. 19.
Both Techels worked in law enforcement. Lisa Techel was a reserve deputy with the Wapello County Sheriff's Office. Seth Techel was a jailer.
He remains jailed pending $750,000 bail.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking