OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - A February trial has been scheduled for a southeast Iowa man suspected of killing his pregnant wife.
Seth Techel has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and nonconsensual termination of a human pregnancy in the death of Lisa Techel. She was shot in May at their home near Agency in southeast Iowa.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that the trial is scheduled to begin on Feb. 19.
Both Techels worked in law enforcement. Lisa Techel was a reserve deputy with the Wapello County Sheriff's Office. Seth Techel was a jailer.
He remains jailed pending $750,000 bail.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners