CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- The murder trial of a Cedar Rapids man and his ex-girlfriend charged in the death of his young daughter is being delayed.
Zyriah Schlitter and Amy Parmer, of Hiawatha, are accused in the death of 17-month-old Kamryn Schlitter in March 2010. She died a week after medics found her suffering from seizure-like symptoms at a Hiawatha apartment.
KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids reports Schlitter asked for a continuance during a pre-trial conference last Friday in Linn County District Court. Parmer and the state didn't resist. A new trial date will be scheduled.
Schlitter and Parmer are both charged with first-degree murder and child endangerment resulting in death. Both have pleaded not guilty and are free on bond.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse