CLARION, Iowa (AP) - Jury selection in the trial of a 14-year-old Osage boy accused of fatally shooting his mother is scheduled to begin this week.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports jury selection is expected to begin Tuesday in Wright County District Court in Clarion.
The trial was moved to Wright County from Mitchell County. A judge granted a change of venue request late last year after the boy's attorneys cited negative pretrial publicity.
Authorities say the boy was 13 when he shot his mother with a rifle in March 2012 at the family's rural home. He has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and first-degree assault with the intent to commit sexual abuse.
The Associated Press generally doesn't name juveniles accused of crimes or their families.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death