COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A mother and her 2-year-old child have been wounded in a shooting at an apartment complex on the east side of Council Bluffs.
Authorities say the woman was putting her child into a car just before 6 a.m. Tuesday when the gunfire erupted. The woman was hit several times, and her child was hit in an arm.
It's unclear whether the woman knew the shooter. No arrest has been reported.
The woman, whose name hasn't been released, was taken to an Omaha, Neb., hospital for treatment.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership