COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A mother and her 2-year-old child have been wounded in a shooting at an apartment complex on the east side of Council Bluffs.
Authorities say the woman was putting her child into a car just before 6 a.m. Tuesday when the gunfire erupted. The woman was hit several times, and her child was hit in an arm.
It's unclear whether the woman knew the shooter. No arrest has been reported.
The woman, whose name hasn't been released, was taken to an Omaha, Neb., hospital for treatment.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death