DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- At least three women plan to cash in on a doctor's offer by having babies Friday.
The Des Moines Register reported the women are taking up Dr. Ross Valone's offer to refund his fee for any birth that happens Friday, which is 11/11/11.
The Des Moines obstetrician announced in February he would put the fee money into a bank account in the baby's name, with the agreement the money cannot not be withdrawn until the child's 21st birthday. His fee usually runs between $900 and $2,000.
Valone says he has two caesarean sections scheduled for Friday and that he will probably deliver at least two other births for women who have reached full term.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student