DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- At least three women plan to cash in on a doctor's offer by having babies Friday.
The Des Moines Register reported the women are taking up Dr. Ross Valone's offer to refund his fee for any birth that happens Friday, which is 11/11/11.
The Des Moines obstetrician announced in February he would put the fee money into a bank account in the baby's name, with the agreement the money cannot not be withdrawn until the child's 21st birthday. His fee usually runs between $900 and $2,000.
Valone says he has two caesarean sections scheduled for Friday and that he will probably deliver at least two other births for women who have reached full term.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump