OKSALOOSA, Iowa (AP) -- Psychiatric tests have been ordered for a 26-year-old Oskaloosa man accused of using a battle ax to kill a man.
Bradley Arterburn is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 58-year-old Robert Horovitz, of Davenport. Police say he used the double-edged battle ax in June to attack Horovitz at the home Arterburn shared with his mother in Oskaloosa.
The Oskaloosa Herald reports Arterburn had been scheduled for trial on May 1. That will be delayed by the tests. A status hearing in the case is scheduled for May 14.
Arterburn has pleaded not guilty.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather