STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) - Police say a 12-year-old boy accidentally set his family's mobile home on fire in northwest Iowa.
Storm Lake police announced Monday that the boy was playing with matches Friday in the bathroom while nearby adults slept.
The Sioux City Journal reports a homeowner attempted to contain the blaze with a garden hose. Law enforcement officials also responded to the fire, which caused about $7,000 in damage.
The newspaper reports the child has been charged with misdemeanor reckless use of fire. Additional information has not been released.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked