STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) - Police say a 12-year-old boy accidentally set his family's mobile home on fire in northwest Iowa.
Storm Lake police announced Monday that the boy was playing with matches Friday in the bathroom while nearby adults slept.
The Sioux City Journal reports a homeowner attempted to contain the blaze with a garden hose. Law enforcement officials also responded to the fire, which caused about $7,000 in damage.
The newspaper reports the child has been charged with misdemeanor reckless use of fire. Additional information has not been released.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US