AMES, Iowa - Authorities have been searching for a man who drove a stolen pickup into the Skunk River.
The chase began around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday on the east side of Ames. During the chase, the truck slowed and a passenger jumped out.
Police say the truck continued into a cornfield and then into the river. The driver escaped on foot.
No arrests have been reported. Police say the truck was reported stolen in Nevada, Iowa. It was recovered from the river.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death