AMES, Iowa - Authorities have been searching for a man who drove a stolen pickup into the Skunk River.
The chase began around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday on the east side of Ames. During the chase, the truck slowed and a passenger jumped out.
Police say the truck continued into a cornfield and then into the river. The driver escaped on foot.
No arrests have been reported. Police say the truck was reported stolen in Nevada, Iowa. It was recovered from the river.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes