ELKHART, Iowa (AP) -- A small plane landed safely in an Iowa soybean field on Sunday after reportedly running out of gas.
The Polk County Sheriff's office says the plan landed just before noon Sunday in a field west of Elkhart, Iowa.
When deputies arrived, they found that the pilot appeared to be OK, and the plane did not seem to be damaged. No one else was in the plane.
The landing was reported to the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington