ELKHART, Iowa (AP) -- A small plane landed safely in an Iowa soybean field on Sunday after reportedly running out of gas.
The Polk County Sheriff's office says the plan landed just before noon Sunday in a field west of Elkhart, Iowa.
When deputies arrived, they found that the pilot appeared to be OK, and the plane did not seem to be damaged. No one else was in the plane.
The landing was reported to the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.