CLUTIER, Iowa (AP) - One person died and another person was injured when a small plane crashed Wednesday morning in eastern Iowa, authorities said.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Cory said the single-engine plane crashed in a field near Clutier on Wednesday morning. Clutier is roughly 90 miles northeast of Des Moines.
Tama County Sheriff Dennis Kucera says when officials arrived at the crash site, the plane's passenger was trying to get the pilot out of the plane.
Kucera says the pilot died, and the passenger was taken to a burn center for treatment of his injuries. But Kucera declined to identify the pilot and passenger Wednesday afternoon.
Kucera says both the pilot and passenger were from the community, and they were likely out flying for fun.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death