CLUTIER, Iowa (AP) - One person died and another person was injured when a small plane crashed Wednesday morning in eastern Iowa, authorities said.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Cory said the single-engine plane crashed in a field near Clutier on Wednesday morning. Clutier is roughly 90 miles northeast of Des Moines.
Tama County Sheriff Dennis Kucera says when officials arrived at the crash site, the plane's passenger was trying to get the pilot out of the plane.
Kucera says the pilot died, and the passenger was taken to a burn center for treatment of his injuries. But Kucera declined to identify the pilot and passenger Wednesday afternoon.
Kucera says both the pilot and passenger were from the community, and they were likely out flying for fun.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather