SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - A Sioux City car show has cancelled drag racing from its event this year because of unsafe road conditions.
Organizers behind RockN Rods say city officials told them Monday that Third Street is not safe for drivers going 75-80 mph because of dips in the pavement. The city hopes to fix them in time for the 2014 event.
The Sioux City Journal reports the drag racing portion of the show had been held for years along Water Street near the downtown area, but it's now being used as part of construction for the new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
RockN Rods is now scheduled to take place on July 20 instead of three days.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion