SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - A Sioux City car show has cancelled drag racing from its event this year because of unsafe road conditions.
Organizers behind RockN Rods say city officials told them Monday that Third Street is not safe for drivers going 75-80 mph because of dips in the pavement. The city hopes to fix them in time for the 2014 event.
The Sioux City Journal reports the drag racing portion of the show had been held for years along Water Street near the downtown area, but it's now being used as part of construction for the new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
RockN Rods is now scheduled to take place on July 20 instead of three days.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse