IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - An illness among cats has forced a pet adoption center in Iowa City to stop feline adoptions until staffers can resolve the problem.
KWWL-TV reports the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center has halted visits to its cat room until at least Monday as workers deal with several sick cats.
Animal care technician Liz Ford says staffers have been working to determine the illness and disinfect the cat room.
The center will decide Monday whether to resume cat adoptions.
Other pet adoptions are proceeding as usual.
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Minnesota cop expected to plead not guilty in man's death
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward