IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - An illness among cats has forced a pet adoption center in Iowa City to stop feline adoptions until staffers can resolve the problem.
KWWL-TV reports the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center has halted visits to its cat room until at least Monday as workers deal with several sick cats.
Animal care technician Liz Ford says staffers have been working to determine the illness and disinfect the cat room.
The center will decide Monday whether to resume cat adoptions.
Other pet adoptions are proceeding as usual.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery