DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Seven people have escaped from a house fire that was reported by a Des Moines police officer.
Des Moines television station KCCI says the officer was driving through the area around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday and noticed the flames.
Officials say four adults and three children inside the home fled to safety outside after they were alerted by smoke detectors.
Fire officials believe the blaze was caused by an electrical problem and started in the house attic.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers