DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A second jury has failed to return a verdict in a lawsuit filed against Madison County Sheriff Craig Busch by a former dispatcher alleging sexual harassment.
Kathryn Frank originally filed a lawsuit in 2005 against the county, then-sheriff Paul Welsh, and Busch, who was a deputy.
She alleged Busch made offensive sexual remarks and groped her. The county settled the case, paying Frank $60,000.
After Busch became sheriff in 2009, Frank claims he retaliated against her. She filed a civil rights complaint in August 2009 and later that month was fired. She sued claiming civil rights violations.
A jury trial last December ended in mistrial when jurors deadlocked. A second trial early this month has ended with the same result.
Jurors were dismissed Monday unable to reach a verdict.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks