DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A second jury has failed to return a verdict in a lawsuit filed against Madison County Sheriff Craig Busch by a former dispatcher alleging sexual harassment.
Kathryn Frank originally filed a lawsuit in 2005 against the county, then-sheriff Paul Welsh, and Busch, who was a deputy.
She alleged Busch made offensive sexual remarks and groped her. The county settled the case, paying Frank $60,000.
After Busch became sheriff in 2009, Frank claims he retaliated against her. She filed a civil rights complaint in August 2009 and later that month was fired. She sued claiming civil rights violations.
A jury trial last December ended in mistrial when jurors deadlocked. A second trial early this month has ended with the same result.
Jurors were dismissed Monday unable to reach a verdict.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners