DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The jackpot for Powerball's Saturday drawing has climbed to $325 million, the fourth-largest in the game's history.
A single winner choosing a cash payout would get nearly $213 million before paying state and federal taxes.
Powerball jackpots have been growing faster since the game's organizers doubled the ticket price to $2 in January.
An Iowa couple won $202 million in a Sept. 26 drawing, and then an anonymous winner in Delaware got $50 million prize the next week. The current jackpot has been building since then.
Powerball, which began in 1992, is played in 42 states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US