DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The jackpot for Powerball's Saturday drawing has climbed to $325 million, the fourth-largest in the game's history.
A single winner choosing a cash payout would get nearly $213 million before paying state and federal taxes.
Powerball jackpots have been growing faster since the game's organizers doubled the ticket price to $2 in January.
An Iowa couple won $202 million in a Sept. 26 drawing, and then an anonymous winner in Delaware got $50 million prize the next week. The current jackpot has been building since then.
Powerball, which began in 1992, is played in 42 states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening