DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police in Des Moines say handguns and a knife were among weapons found on some high school students last month.
KCCI-TV says a report by Des Moines police shows various examples of students found with weapons.
A loaded handgun was found in one student's backpack at Hoover High School in early December. A 9mm pistol was found in another student's backpack at a Roosevelt High School basketball game.
Another student at Hoover was found on Dec. 18 with an auto knife attached to a set of make-shift brass knuckles. That student was later arrested.
The report says there have been several gang-related shootings on the west side of the city.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death