MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (AP) - Authorities in central Iowa say there is no evidence of foul play or criminal activity in the death of a 14-year-old boy who collapsed on a bike trail.
The Marshalltown Police Department says Monday that emergency responders found 14-year-old Manuel Guillen unresponsive Friday night on a bike and walking trail system. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say there is evidence suggesting Manuel had a previously unidentified medical problem that may have caused his death.
The case remains under investigation pending further medical testing.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice