MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (AP) - Authorities in central Iowa say there is no evidence of foul play or criminal activity in the death of a 14-year-old boy who collapsed on a bike trail.
The Marshalltown Police Department says Monday that emergency responders found 14-year-old Manuel Guillen unresponsive Friday night on a bike and walking trail system. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say there is evidence suggesting Manuel had a previously unidentified medical problem that may have caused his death.
The case remains under investigation pending further medical testing.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska