DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police have pulled an empty flatbed truck found submerged in Gray's Lake and say it was reported stolen from a Des Moines business where a fire also occurred.
The Des Moines Register reports someone reported a vehicle in the lake a little after 9 a.m. Friday. A dive team was called and checked the truck, and it then was pulled out of the lake by a tow truck.
Police say the truck was reported stolen from Accurate Hydraulics and Machine Services, where an apparent arson fire occurred early Friday.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. They found a note demanding that next time the business should fix something right.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners