DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Two Des Moines residents have been arrested in the kidnapping and beating of a man found in the trunk of a car.
Police say they've arrested 53-year-old Debra Oliver and 50-year-old John Deering and charged both with kidnapping. Online records say Oliver and Deering remained in Polk County Jail on Monday. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
The two are suspected of abducting 60-year-old Ronald Carris. Police say Carris called 911 around 5:50 a.m. Friday, saying he had been stuffed into the truck of his car. The 911 audio recording captured the beating.
His cellphone was traced to a park along the Des Moines River. Officers found him in the trunk of a car they spotted there.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse