DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Two Des Moines residents have been arrested in the kidnapping and beating of a man found in the trunk of a car.
Police say they've arrested 53-year-old Debra Oliver and 50-year-old John Deering and charged both with kidnapping. Online records say Oliver and Deering remained in Polk County Jail on Monday. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
The two are suspected of abducting 60-year-old Ronald Carris. Police say Carris called 911 around 5:50 a.m. Friday, saying he had been stuffed into the truck of his car. The 911 audio recording captured the beating.
His cellphone was traced to a park along the Des Moines River. Officers found him in the trunk of a car they spotted there.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years