DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Two Des Moines residents have been arrested in the kidnapping and beating of a man found in the trunk of a car.
Police say they've arrested 53-year-old Debra Oliver and 50-year-old John Deering and charged both with kidnapping. Online records say Oliver and Deering remained in Polk County Jail on Monday. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
The two are suspected of abducting 60-year-old Ronald Carris. Police say Carris called 911 around 5:50 a.m. Friday, saying he had been stuffed into the truck of his car. The 911 audio recording captured the beating.
His cellphone was traced to a park along the Des Moines River. Officers found him in the trunk of a car they spotted there.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated