WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say they've arrested a man suspected of severing one of his fingertips while slashing tires in Waterloo.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that 24-year-old Joseph Horak, of Waterloo, has been charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief that occurred last month.
Court records say Horak had gone to a hospital emergency room to have his right pinkie finger treated. Police say the fingertip was found by the owner of a sport utility vehicle when he discovered that three of its tires had been slashed.
Police say Horak and two other people were involved in the slashing and that one of them was an ex-girlfriend of the SUV owner.
A public phone listing for Horak couldn't be found. Online court records don't list his attorney's name.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death