IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A woman in eastern Iowa has been accused of attacking her boyfriend and running over his dog with a car.
The Iowa City Press Citizen reports Renee Glaspie of Iowa City reversed her vehicle onto a dog belonging to her boyfriend after the couple got into an argument Friday night.
A complaint says Glaspie also hit the man after he stepped in front of the car to stop her. He was knocked to the ground and she sped away. She was later arrested.
Glaspie faces one misdemeanor count of domestic assault without intent to cause bodily injury. She also is accused of punching her boyfriend in the face.
The man suffered minor injuries and required stitches to his elbow. Officials say the dog survived.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather