IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A woman in eastern Iowa has been accused of attacking her boyfriend and running over his dog with a car.
The Iowa City Press Citizen reports Renee Glaspie of Iowa City reversed her vehicle onto a dog belonging to her boyfriend after the couple got into an argument Friday night.
A complaint says Glaspie also hit the man after he stepped in front of the car to stop her. He was knocked to the ground and she sped away. She was later arrested.
Glaspie faces one misdemeanor count of domestic assault without intent to cause bodily injury. She also is accused of punching her boyfriend in the face.
The man suffered minor injuries and required stitches to his elbow. Officials say the dog survived.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers