DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Des Moines police say a man's complete fall into a vat of 300-degree chemicals was stopped by a co-worker.
The Des Moines Register reports the man and a co-worker climbed Tuesday morning onto an elevated tank at Barrett Plating, a zinc plating company.
The employees were recovering metal parts that had fallen to the bottom of the five-foot deep container when the victim began to fall. The second employee grabbed his co-worker and pulled him to the side.
Fire officials say the co-worker's actions stopped the victim from being completely submerged in the chemicals.
The victim was later decontaminated. His name and the extent of his injuries have not been released
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles