IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa City police say a man reported a fight while driving drunk.
Police received a call Wednesday night from 49-year-old Ruston Spencer, who told a dispatcher he had been in a fight with two men in the parking lot of a pharmacy store.
Police tracked Spencer's location while he was on the phone and determined he was driving. He eventually arrived home and said he would be sitting on a lawn chair.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen says police received reports before Spencer's call about an intoxicated driver who had been inside the pharmacy, as well as calls about the fight.
A preliminary breath test showed Spencer's blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit.
Spencer faces one count of drunken driving. Records do not list an attorney.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance