EARLY, Iowa (AP) - Police in western Iowa discovered the body of a woman while investigating the apparent kidnapping of another woman.
The Sac County sheriff's office says authorities received a call about 8 a.m. Thursday after someone encountered a 21-year-old woman trying to run from a vehicle and claiming she had been kidnapped. After talking with the woman, deputies found a suspect hiding in a nearby barn.
Deputies arrested 21-year-old Kirk Riley Levin. He was being held Thursday night at the Sac County Jail on charges of assault with intent to commit sexual assault, assault while participating in a felony and third degree kidnapping.
While investigating the matter, authorities found the body of another woman near Early. The name of the dead woman isn't being released until police can notify her family.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls