EARLY, Iowa (AP) - Police in western Iowa discovered the body of a woman while investigating the apparent kidnapping of another woman.
The Sac County sheriff's office says authorities received a call about 8 a.m. Thursday after someone encountered a 21-year-old woman trying to run from a vehicle and claiming she had been kidnapped. After talking with the woman, deputies found a suspect hiding in a nearby barn.
Deputies arrested 21-year-old Kirk Riley Levin. He was being held Thursday night at the Sac County Jail on charges of assault with intent to commit sexual assault, assault while participating in a felony and third degree kidnapping.
While investigating the matter, authorities found the body of another woman near Early. The name of the dead woman isn't being released until police can notify her family.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser