WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Police and fire departments and other organizations will practice their response to a weapons of mass destruction disaster by holding a drill at the National Cattle Congress grounds.
The event will begin Tuesday morning and last for much of the day.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that 15 federal, state and local agencies will take part in the exercise. Agencies include police and fire departments from Waterloo, Des Moines and Cedar Rapids and the Iowa National Guard's 71st Civil Support Team.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks